Design Awards 2013 - Judges
Illustration by Jacqui Oakley
Eve Robinson Associates,
New York City
* Robinson, of Eve Robinson Associates, has been featured in House & Garden magazine, New York Spaces magazine, and in various interior design books such as Designers Here and There and Room for Children. She also has appeared on HGTV and is regularly ranked as a top designer in various magazine listings.
New York Spaces magazine,
New York City
* For more than 25 years, Kontos has been at the forefront of design journalism. From the pages of House Beautiful, Colonial Homes, Country Living, Veranda, and Traditional Home, his features have indelibly influenced the way we live and design. He is a longtime favorite among designers, suppliers, and homeowners alike.
* An overseer of architecture programs, a professor, and associate dean at the University of Texas at Austin, Alter has received more than 40 design awards. He has been published in Architecture, Progressive Architecture, and Architectural Design, among other journals.
Interior Designer, Melanie Turner
* Designs from the 4-year-old, award-winning Melanie Turner Interiors showcase clean lines and timeless styles celebrating architectural details and classic features. Turner, named Southeastern Designer of the Year twice by the Atlanta Decorative Arts Center (ADAC), has been a featured designer on HGTV.
5. STEPHEN CHUNG
* Beyond design projects, Chung also keeps a foot in academia, teaching design, and drawing at several institutions on the East Coast and in Texas. He has been featured on HGTV and Showtime, and, at press time, was in development for the PBS series Cool Spaces: The Most Provocative Architecture of the 21st Century.